Friday 15 June 2007

Friday 8th- Friday 15th June

Having a great time.

Travelling alot at the moment and Internet access has been sparse to say the least.

So no epic blogs this week.

And now the blooming keyboard I’m writing this with is starting to crash!

So far I’ve travelled down and through with my trek group the following places:

Washington DC on Saturday and Sunday, and visited, well looked at the various famous sites including the Washington Monument, The Lincoln Memorial and the Whitehouse .

It’s a big city but not with same razzamatz as New York, being built soley as the administrative centre for the country.

On Monday we continued heading south onto Myrtle Beach.

On Tuesday we went to Charleston, a delightful early English settlement and the starting point for the Civil War.

On Wednesday we visited St Augustine, settled by the Spanish is 1585, and the oldest continual European Settlement in the US. I think.


On Thursday we had the originally unplanned visit to Miami.

So I finally got to see the famous South Beach, see the Art Deco buildings, drink cocktails and wear a blazer jacket with jeans and with my sleeves rolled up.

Well not the latter.

Now in Key Largo on our way to the Florida Keys.

Coping surpisingly well with the camping and everything so far. Not being the big fuss pot I am back home... surprisingly.

No comments: